Tuesday 10 March 2009

Motion Builder

This year has also been my first introduction to Motion Builder (dan dan daaaaaaan!) This was a little bit daunting at first, nobody really knew what to make of it. It seemed to take the fun out of animating. But then we were told that we had to animate our own little sequences to use in Motion Builder, and some calm was restored. It's not as easy to animate with as Max or Maya, but as I got used to it it wasn't bad at all. For the bi-ped part, all the major motions were motion captured separately,e.g the run is separate, the part where he looks around is separate, and the walk and sitting on the chair is separate, and I had to animate a little part where he trips, and then blend all these motions together. There were only a few little glitches I had to iron out, and I think the end product looks pretty ok, although not as successful as the dog

For the dog, I had to animate an idol movement, which is the part where he is sitting looking around, and a walk. I then had to blend these two together, and although it was more difficult than the bi-ped, I think it's more successful. Maybe it had something to do with them being my own animations, not motion capture which made me enjoy it more?....Either way, I thought the whole project was pretty good! Although I still enjoy animating in Max or Maya more. But I'm just stubborn! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment